Before you begin, you will need the following information:
Username: This is your email address
Password: Password to the email account being configured
Mail Server: This is mail.yourdomain.com
(For example, here at Emagine our domain name is emaginemore.com, so our mail server is mail.emaginemore.com)
- Open Outlook 2007
- Click the 'Tools' menu, and select 'Account Settings'
- Click on the 'Email' tab and click on the 'new' button.
- Next select 'Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP' and click 'Next.'
- On the Auto Account Setup window check the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' and click 'Next'.
- Select 'Internet E-mail' option and click 'Next.'
- - Enter 'Your Name' as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full E-mail Address in the E-mail Address field.
- Select 'POP3' or 'IMAP'
- Enter your Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) Server - mail.yourdomain.com
- Enter your Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server - mail.yourdomain.com
- Enter your full E-mail Address in the Account name field.
- Enter your E-mail Password in the password field
- - Click on More Settings...
- Click on the 'Outgoing Server' tab.
- Check 'My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication'
- Make sure 'Use same setting as my incoming mail server' is also checked.
- Click on 'OK'
- Click the 'Test Account Settings' button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click the 'close' Button to close the test window.
Click 'OK' to save your settings.
- Click 'Finish' to close the setup wizard.
- Congratulations you have finished the setup of your email account!