Before you begin, you will need the following information:
Username: This is your email address
Password: Password to the email account being configured
Mail Server: This is mail.yourdomain.com
(For example, here at Emagine our domain name is emaginemore.com, so our mail server is mail.emaginemore.com)
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Click the "Tools" menu, then select "Account Settings".
- Select "Add Account".
- Click the option "Email Account", Then Click "Next".
- Enter your Name and Full Email Address. Click "Next"
- Select "POP" or "IMAP" as server type, Enter your Mail Server as the incoming and outgoing mail server. Click "Next".
- Enter your Full E-mail address as the Incoming User Name. Click "Next".
- Enter an account name (For example: Work). Click "Next".
- Verify Mailbox settings, Then click "Finish" to close setup wizard.
- Select the option from the sub menu "Outgoing Server (SMTP)". Highlight the outgoing server setting, then click "Edit".
- Verify your outgoing server name is your SMTP Server. Under "Security and Authentication", select the option "Use name and Password" and enter your Full E-mail address.
- Click "Ok"
- Next, in the top menu bar click the option "Get Mail".
- Finally you will be prompted to enter your password, Click "Ok"
- Congratulations you have finished the setup of your email account!